Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Aquas

Yesterday a beautiful young woman called Aquas age 16 years was found with only a slight pulse, was rushed to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto. This young woman only lived about 30 minutes away from me in Missisauga.
This young woman was pulled off life support today and pronounced Dead. Aquas was apparently murdered by her father, for get this, not wanting to wear a Hajab, (muslim headress). Her father has now been officially charged with murder. Aquas was apparently brutally choked to death.
Imagine this, you are supposed to be able to live with rights and freedoms here in Canada. This girl was savagely murdered for wanting to live free.
This young girl's murder here affects us all. My sympathy goes out to her family and friends.
It's times like this I wish Canada had the Death Penalty. No real justice can be had here, because Aquas father, will probably get sentenced to 10 years and be out in 3 or 4 for so called good behavior.
Justice for Aquas? I don't think so. Hug your kids a little closer tonite and tell them you love them, and light a candle for Aquas. Deirdre

5 comments:

KB said...

Thank you for sharing this shocking story. My heart goes out to Aquas. Makes me realise how lucky I am to have such freedom.

Deirdre said...

Hey kb. Thanks for visiting. I really enjoy your blog. Deirdre.

Unknown said...

Terrible to hear such news. I don't think the penalty of death solve these problems.
I think more actions need to be taken for such problems. The same can be said for abuse.
I have a link in my blog where they try to prevent child abuse; it is something different but you can compare it with this. The problems need to be solved and I hope actions can be taken to prevent such terrible problems : have a look at : http://www.imaginif.com.au/~ima33724/blog/

Magdalen Islands said...

Like Erik, I don't think anything as natural as death, should come to a father who would beat his child to death, too soon. He is muslim, find a punishment fitting for his religion. Degrade him and make him worthless. Isolate him or put him in a prison and let the inmates make a girl out of him. Castrate him so he can't do it to another child. Make him eat pork!

You realize that I have a clue of what I'm talking about here!

Head Cookie said...

Dee what a sad story. I am so sorry to hear of this what an awful thing. My thoughts and prayer will be with her family friends and the community.