Sunday, June 24, 2007

What If

What If
What if i said good morning and gave a smile to the strangers who crossed my
path on the way to work today
Would they say hi, smile and perhaps brighten my day
What if i choose to see the silver linings, in every conversation today
Would it encourage anybody to do the same
What if i stepped it up a bit and went the extra mile for someone
Would they in turn find someone to be there for
What if at the end of the day i could look in the mirror of my soul and say well done , you have made a difference to someone

Would i have encouraged myself to try it again tomorrow Oh tomorrow, let me do better tomorrow, let the wisdom of kindness rule my tomorrows.

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

Thanks Missy. Now how do i get a counter? Deirdre

Magdalen Islands said...

I really like these thoughts Deirdre! I always smile to everyone and if someone smiles back, I know I've done well.

CRAFTS AND TRAVEL said...

yes tomorrow will be better still,
so look forward each day to the next one.
Dream on.
Eileen

Deirdre said...

Right on Eileen. Deirdre

Head Cookie said...

very nice Dee if everyone tried this Tomorrow and always there after would be a wonderful day.

Deirdre said...

Great perspective Jadey. First steps for taking over the world. lol, Deirdre.

Unknown said...

If you read the text in this posting it makes me quit and think about the idea after you have written.

Very well written.