Sunday, July 1, 2007

Took my own Poll

Well it has been quite a week. While remembering to smile and greet those who crossed my path i noticed 2 things. One people really like a good morning hello and a smile. I was able to roughly greet about 6 people everyday this past week on my early morning walks to work. Thats 30 people, and it averaged out that 26 people smiled back and said hello. The other 4 who didnt smile and greet i will have to work on. Maybe hand them something special, like a flower or a peice of fudge.Then i pondered, its nice to do this smile and greet cause maybe its the one smile that may help other's get thru their day. So word up. Smile and Greet. Deirdre

10 comments:

Magdalen Islands said...

How I do agree with that philosophy. Make some one else's day a bit better and yours will be too. Great idea for a poll, though!

DM said...

Hi, Deirdre --

Beautiful blog -- beautiful studio! I think I have to move to Canada now.

Head Cookie said...

Very nice practice there Dee.

Deirdre said...

Thanks Jadey,im actually enjoying the smiling part, keeps multitudes of wrinkles away. lol Deirdre.

morgetron said...

I am trying so hard to get better at this. I have a really serious face ... even when I'm thinking about ... oh I don't know ... men in drag or dogs saving babie's lives or sex or Martians or the funniest joke in the world. I don't even realize how serious I look most of the time. SO, I'm trying to consciously smile and greet people. My husband lives such a great example of this. He has always been friendly to everyone he meets. I am friendly, I'm just perceived to be a bitch because of my grumpy-looking face.

Deirdre said...

Hey Morgy, I dont think your grumpy looking at all. I like smiling cause it makes other's always wonder what your really up to. Oh and the bonus to smiling, is it keeps a few wrinkles at bay.Deirdre.

CRAFTS AND TRAVEL said...

thats a brilliant idea, Its a shame more people dont think like you.

most people are too busy worrying about what they cant have.

Patti Winters said...

What a wonderful idea. I will have to do it to my children when I pass them in the hallway...it could really mess with their minds (they're teenagers). Thanks Deirdre, I will let you know how it goes :)

Jayne :) said...

Hey there Deirdre :)

Consider yourself TAGGED - pop along to my blog for the details :)

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Smiles..Good Morning Dee!