Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Built A Fence.


Here is a little diddy for you about a fence i recently built for my back deck. I built the fence for my boy's, Rasty and Bailey. I needed the fence so they could have some play time out back without me hovering over them.

Well i found some beautiful chocolate brown snow fencing and began to build the fence, all went well and after an hour i was finished , realeased the dog's to the back deck so they could have a boo at mommy's handiwork, and enjoy their time outside on the deck.

A super handy girl i am not, but i learn pretty quick, Bailey my big Clifford boy behaved very well and accepted the fence. Good Bailey, here's a cookie Bailey.

Rasty Jack my wonder dog however did not, Rasty glanced at the fence , looked at me, glanced back at the fence, gave Deirdre a famous grin as only a Border Collie can do and boom he went under the fence . Cursing Rasty's intelligence once again the chase began, took forty five minutes to catch my lovely collie. How did i solve my latest collie episode , so glad your curious, well i found out just how handy a hammer a nails can be and proceeded to nail the bottom of the fence to the deck. Rasty's deck bound finally, As for me i am developing my carpentry skills. Deirdre.

9 comments:

morgetron said...

Hi Deirdre, I don't think we've ever formally met via Helium, though I have seen you there. Just wanted to pop in and say hello and to also mention the fact that I too have a border collie-ish dog (We think he's border collie/St. Bernard -- but will never know for certain). He is truly a light, but VERY NAUGHTY! Good thing he's so dang cute.

-j

Deirdre said...

Howdy, J. thanks for stopping by. Border Collie and St. Bernard. Cool mix. Hopefully i will catch up with you on helium. deirdre

Jayne :) said...

I LOVE your new layout! Purple and pink - another revealing facet of Deirdre - lol

One little complaint - where's your blogroll gone? With my link too!

Cool! :)

Head Cookie said...

got to love em they are so smart aren't they Dee?

Magdalen Islands said...

Like Morgetrom I've seen you at Helium but we haven't engaged in conservation. But I wanted to say that I too have a Border Collie and have had three. All were and are as sharp as whips. Can't fool them little buggers. The only thing is that every time I give them a treat I say chewy (I also say sit and take it nice but those things aren't important to this little story). I never fence my dogs because it isn't necessary but whenever I want them to do something for me, like come to the house I say chewy and they come running. I have yet to find a fence that could keep my dogs in, because they run up the side of the wall, climb ladders and run across the roof of the house here. They have different barks of different people, a very distinct language for communication with people. Borders are incredible.

Deirdre said...

Hi Magdalen Islands, I wish i lived in the country, but bylaws here insist dogs be leashed and or fenced in at all times. Border Collies are the Einsteins of the dog species,i really dont know what i would do without my border boy. Deirdre.

Magdalen Islands said...

I love your Border Collie! Leashed and fenced, where do they expect the dogs to get exercise?

Deirdre said...

Good question. I walk my guys around the block a couple of times and i take them to a leash free park.Deirdre.

morgetron said...

We have leash laws where I live too. Edgar's fenced too, but we walk him and play frisbee daily.